This excerpt from https://www.corvisieroagency.com/kaitlyn-johnson.html
Kaitlyn Johnson – Literary Agent Apprentice
Kaitlyn is currently OPEN to queries.
After receiving a BA in Writing, Literature, and Publishing from Emerson College, Kaitlyn refused to leave the concept of nightly homework behind. As well as being an apprentice agent for Corvisiero Literary Agency, she is also a freelance editor at her own company, K. Johnson Editorial, and has worked as a copyeditor for academic publisher codeMantra, a YA editor for Accent Press, and a Conference Assistant for GrubStreet, Boston. She has written various articles for Writer’s Digest and has had a flash fiction story published in the anthology A Box of Stars Beneath the Bed.
For #mswl listings and writerly life thoughts, feel free to check out her Twitter, @kaitylynne13.
View her visual #MSWL Pinterest at http://www.pinterest.com/kaitlynjohnson7011/.
What Kaitlyn likes to see in her inbox:
- upper MG, YA, NA/A are her main interests
– Kaitlyn adores fantasy works (yes, that very much includes urban!) and time travel
– General Romance (erotic elements OK) and Contemporary Romance
– Historical Fiction: anything other than Henry VIII, Shakespeare, American Civil War, Greek gods/myths
– Contemporary can grab her attention only if the concept is unique and well-executed
– LGBT (as well as characters questioning their sexuality) welcome in all above genres
Kaitlyn is NOT accepting:
– Chapter or picture books
– Romantic Suspense
– Novellas, poetry, or short story collections
– Storylines heavily dependent on religious motives/events/themes
Her favorite authors/books include the following: Cornelia Funke (Inkheart series); Michael Buckley (Undertow series); John Green (more Looking for Alaska, less An Abundance of Katherines); Gayle Forman (Just One Year and Just One Day); Lois Lowry (The Giver series); Scott O’Dell (Island of the Blue Dolphins). Her favorite tv shows are Doctor Who, Buffy, Supernatural, Firefly, basically the nerdier the fandom the better.
Please follow the submission guidelines on our “Submissions” page at https://www.corvisieroagency.com/submissions.html